ScanBio is opening an office in Iceland and is seeking a driven leader for the role of operations manager. We‘re looking for an individual with a strong background in operations management and experience working with maritime logistics. Ideally, with good knowledge of the Icelandic aquaculture sector. The preferred base for this position is in the Westfjords.
The Operations Manager reports to the remote COO and works closely with the organization in ScanBio Norway to develop and operate a new logistics footprint in Iceland, supporting the Icelandic salmon farming sector.
ScanBio Marine Group is one of the world’s leading seafood waste recycling and logistics companies. Our superb team of over 100 employees manage a sophisticated infrastructure which includes vessels, tank parks and factories strategically located across Northern Europe. ScanBio has led the way in seafood recycling and the manufacture of by-products for almost 40 years.
We work closely with our aquaculture clients and count the world’s biggest salmon farming companies among our customers. As well as collecting their waste material we also provide mortality support on site using our vessels and systems.
ScanBio’s model allows our customers to genuinely improve and report on their sustainability; 100% of the waste that we collect from aquaculture and fishing is recycled into by-products, with much of it being used in bio energy and animal feed ingredients.
Read more at www.scanbio.com
- Manage operations, logistics and personnel planning.
- First point of contact for Scanbio customers, and day to day handling of logistics operations.
- Communicate with customers as required to ensure our service is both meeting their needs and continuously improving.
- Quality control of raw materials
- Responsibility for planning vessel operations and support crew as necessary.
- Manage vessel operations support.
- Manage and coordinate material storage in each location.
- Support in relation to obtaining permits and licenses from local authorities.
- Manage partner relationships with logistics providers.
- Overall responsibility for QHSE in Iceland supported by the group functions in Norway.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant education degree is preferred, or significant job experience relavant to the position
- Experience in logistics and/or operations in Iceland
- Experience in working with the aquaculture sector is an advantage.
- Driver’s license
- Service oriented and commercial thinking
- Average IT skills (MS Office, Project, ERP systems) and technical understanding
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with travelling regularly.
- Fluent English and Icelandic language skills
The application deadline is until and including 11th of June 2023. Applications must be completed at www.intellecta.is and should be accompanied by a CV and a detailed cover letter detailing the reason for the application and the applicant’s qualifications for the job. Interested individuals, regardless of gender, are encouraged to apply for the position. All inquiries and applications will be treated as confidential and answered after employment.
For further information, please contact Thelma Kristín Kvaran ([email protected]) +354 511 1225